- Project Resources
- Documents and Publications
- E-Mail Updates
- Contact Us
- Lane Closures
- Take Our Survey
ABOUT THE PROJECT
This project involves three individual projects that have been combined to encompass the reconstruction of the entire Interstate-395 (I-395) corridor from the its terminus at the west side of the I-95/Midtown Interchange (I-95/State Road SR 836/I-395) to the its corridor terminus at the West Channel Bridges of US-41/MacArthur Causeway (1.4 miles). The other projects are the Miami-Dade Expressway Authority (MDX) 83611 Improvements and the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) District Six I-95 Pavement Reconstruction. The MDX 83611 Project limits are NW 17 Avenue Interchange to the SR 836/I-95/I-395 Interchange (Midtown Interchange), approximately 1.4 miles. Improvements include adding new westbound and eastbound facilities; widening the SR 836 mainline on both sides, adding a new exit ramp at NW North River Drive, bridge rehabilitation, fender system replacement and concrete pavement replacement. The I-95 Reconstruction project involves removal and replacement of the existing mainline I-95 concrete pavement, on and off ramp milling and resurfacing and bridge railing retrofit, approximately 1.582 miles. SR9A/I-95 is an Urban Interstate Principal Arterial and major north-south connector to downtown Miami. Proposed improvements include nightly lane closures during removal and replacement of the concrete pavement, removal of substandard bridge railing and retrofit to meet current rail barrier standards, diamond grinding new concrete pavement and milling and resurfacing of exit and on ramps.
- Building new elevated ramps (one eastbound and one westbound) that will provide direct linkage between I-95 and I-395
- Improving roadway design including updating the alignment and upgrading the roadway surface
- Creating a visually appealing bridge.
- Building vertically higher structures that will improve the visual quality of the bridge.
FDOT PROCUREMENT WEBSITE
Copies of procurement documents and other information can be accessed at the FDOT Procurement Website which FDOT has been set up for this project.
FORUM - February 2, 2016
- Download the Industry Forum Presentation
- Download the Industry Forum DBE Services Presentation
- Download the Industry Forum Sign-In Sheets
WORKSHOP - February 27, 2015
- Download Video of Industry Workshop
- Download the Industry Workshop Presentation
- Download the Industry Workshop Sign-In Sheets
- Download the Cash Availability Schedule
|Construction Start Date|
Lengths and Limits
|From West of I-95 to the MacArthur Cswy Bridge|
FDOT Project Manager
|Maria I. Perdomo. P.E.|
Consultant Project Manager
|Beth Steimle, P.E. |
T.Y. Lin International
Public Information Specialist
|Tasha Cunningham |
The Brand Advocates, Inc.