- Project Resources
- Documents and Publications
- E-Mail Updates
- Contact Us
- Lane Closures
- Take Our Survey
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has begun a roadway project along State Road (SR) 968/West Flagler Street from SR 9/27 Avenue to 14 Avenue and SR 9/SW/NW 27 Avenue from SW 10 Street to NW 9 Street in the City of Miami.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED ALONG FLAGLER STREET
- Reconstructing the roadway
- Installing new lighting, traffic signals and pavement markings
- Adding an exclusive bicycle and shared-use lane
- Providing new sidewalks and pedestrian ramps
- Installing new storm water drainage structures
WORK TO BE PERFORMED ALONG SW/NW 27 AVENUE
- Repaving and restriping the roadway
- Installing new traffic signals
- Extending the traffic separators at SW 5 Street, SW 4 Street and SW 1 Street
- Installing an island median at SW 3 Street and NW 1 Street
- Converting the inner through lane on southbound/northbound SW 27 Avenue to an additional left-turn lane at the intersection of SW 8 Street
- Extending the left-turn lane on southbound/northbound NW 27 Avenue at the intersection of NW 7 Street
LANE CLOSURE AND DETOUR INFORMATION
To do this work safely, traffic shifts will be performed to establish permanent work zones and reduce the number of travel lanes.
Additional temporary lane closures can occur during non-peak hours on non-event days, nights and weekends from:
- 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. — weekdays and weekends
- 9 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. — Sunday through Thursday
- 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. — Fridays and Saturdays
In order to complete paving activities safely along West Flagler Street at 27 Avenue, 24 Avenue, 22 Avenue and 17 Avenue, these intersections can be closed continuously from 9 p.m. Friday to 5:30 a.m. Monday and a detour will be in place. The closure of these intersections will occur one intersection at a time.
Est. Completion date
Lengths and Limits
|State Road (SR) 968/West Flagler Street from SR 9/27 Avenue to 14 Avenue and SR 9/SW/NW 27 Avenue from SW 10 Street to NW 9 Street|
FDOT South Miami-Dade & Monroe Resident Engineer
|Claudio Diaferia, P.E.|
FDOT Assistant South Miami-Dade Resident Engineer
|Andres Berisiartu, P.E.|
CCEI Senior Project Engineer
|Arturo Perez, P.E. |
Pinnacle Consulting Enterprises, Inc.
|Russell Engineering, Inc.|
|Sergies Duarte |
Quest Corporation of America, Inc.
O: (305) 640-7462